by Chris Lori, with Ken Lori
As a four-time Olympian and Overall World Cup Champion, Chris Lori takes you through the icy corners of his incredibly successful career as the leader of the Canadian Bobsled Team.
• Through the unknown world of amateur sport and the recurring cyclone of Olympic hypocrisy.
• Twenty-two World Cup Medals
• Through adversity, team politics and horrific accidents.
• Nine Crystal Globes for top-three in Overall World Cup standings
• Tenacious psychological challenges and “Fiercely Driven” by the unrelenting Olympic dream
• Overall World Cup Champions!
Fiercely Driven, 224 Pages
I read this book in one day. In this friendly, first-person narrative, Chris takes readers through some of his most grueling challenges and somehow manages to provide the "WHY" behind his extreme athleticism. It is both humbling and inspiring.
It not only takes enormous athletic ability but also discipline and unimaginable endurance and dedication to place oneself through 14 years as a national team member and establishing Canada as a World Power in the sport of bobsledding.
Well written and very insightful. It details the ways that he motivates himself to keep going even after most rational people would have hung up the towel and cried. I'm glad I read it, as it has helped me to push through my own mental and physical barriers.
Licia Corbella, Calgary Sun
"A fascinating look into the hidden corners of bobsleigh and the lengths to which people will go in their quest for gold"
Ken Hadall, Executive VP, D.A.R.E. Canada and Successful Entrepreneur.
"Riveting! ... I couldn't put the book down." "...at times, I actually thought I was in the sled with him."
*****Five Stars Fiercely Driven, June 29, 2000
By Maryann Cochrane (San Francisco) -
“Inspirational - a great piece on desire, discipline and pride.”